OpenVPN connection refused

Hello,

I am new to unraid. I have tried installing various openVPN plug-ins and always get "refused to connect" when trying to access the web UI

https://IPAddress:943/admin (I cannot access from any computer on my LAN)

is unraid blocking these ports on the server side?

-------------------------------

FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

THE CAUSE:

when you use multiple NICs, OpenVPN-AS does not know which NIC it needs to listen to

HERE IS THE FIX:

If you edit your docker, then go to

1. "Add another Path, Port or Variable"

2. "Config Type: => Variable", "Name: => INTERFACE", "Key: INTERFACE", "Value: bond0".

3. Hit Apply, done and restart docker.

Maybe I didn't read far enough into the documentation and it says this somewhere. I nearly lost my mind over this! Posting for the next man.

Edited by smaka510

If you want to use the linuxserver.io OpenVPN-AS Docker see Spaceinvader's Youtube video on setting it up on unRAiD. As mentioned, there is a very detailed and helpful support thread as well for this docker in the Docker Containers forum. There are a few "gotchas" with configuration and recent versions. The database update issue documented in the last couple of pages of the forum has bitten almost everyone since the last container update, but, the TLS toggle trick seems to fix it for now.

Nothing on unRAID blocks the ports needed for OpenVPN unless you have another docker or plugin configured to use them.

FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

THE CAUSE:

when you use multiple NICs, OpenVPN-AS does not know which NIC it needs to listen to

HERE IS THE FIX:

If you edit your docker, then go to

1. "Add another Path, Port or Variable"

2. "Config Type: => Variable", "Name: => INTERFACE", "Key: INTERFACE", "Value: bond0".

3. Hit Apply, done and restart docker.

Maybe I didn't read far enough into the documentation and it says this somewhere. I nearly lost my mind over this! Posting for the next man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 years later...