Monitor mover speed?

BartDG

I've installed a new disk in my array a few days ago, and now the system is currently busy copying everything from my cache disk (that was getting full - unprotected) to the array. I've put the disks into "reconstruct write" mode because it's faster than read/modify/write and ideal for this purpose. 

This morning I did find however that the system wasn't ready yet, while according to my calculations, it should have been.  Even more, it was lagging behind quite a bit.  The only way I can see how fast it's going is by looking at how much data there still is on the cache disk, refreshing the GUI and timing how long it takes before another GB has been transferred to the array.  So this morning I found this was pretty slow, even though the system was set to "reconstruct write".  I then set it back to R/M/W which should be slower, but strangely enough was noticeably faster than the turbo mode.  I then set it back to reconstruct write and it was back at the Turbo pace again.  But for how long?

I was wondering, is there any way to visualize how fast the Mover is moving data?  A speed indicator in MB/s would be nice (maybe a log even?), but I think this is not implemented (yet?).

Are my findings normal or is something strange going on?

Thx!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...