[solved] One or more paths do not exist - shares available but cannot access configuration, dockers, or VMs

Cirdan

I recently had my motherboard repaired and rebuilt my server with the replacement yesterday. I reformatted and installed unRAID onto the flash drive but the contents of the other disks were not changed at all.

The server functions as normal on startup and initializes my autorun dockers (currently just plex) and VMs (Windows 10) successfully. These, and the shares, continue to function as normal however the configuration through the WebGUI seems to lose track of certain paths on the array. Within a few minutes, I can no longer access the VMs and Docker tabs and they are disabled in settings. Other configuration files are also unavailable and Community Applications does not load. Both settings pages, for VMs and dockers, claim that certain paths do not exist and therefore cannot be enabled. The VMs and dockers that were started, however, continue working as expected.

Fix Common Problems says that it detected an unclean shutdown and recommends a UPS. This is the case despite having no unclean shutdown as far as I know. The issue remains even after rebooting or shutting down as normal from the unRAID GUI. FCP also has some errors (in the application, not from scanning) about files that are not found.

I have not made many changes to configuration yet since it is a new flash. I have added a PCI device in the flash configuration. Could this have something to do with the new flash not communicating properly with existing app data? Should I reset permissions? Help is appreciated.

I have attached the complete diagnostics zip below. It was taken only a few minutes ago and the issue is currently present on the server. Please let me know if you require more information.

lindon-diagnostics-20171218-0643.zip

Edited by Cirdan
Updated post as [solved]
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Your flash drive dropped offline.  Try putting it into a different controller, ideally USB2

Dec 18 06:43:02 Lindon kernel: FAT-fs (sdi1): Directory bread(block 29355) failed

That does seem to have been the issue. Works fine in a USB 2.0 port.

Is there a way to prevent this while keeping the drive in USB 3.0? I know there would be little to know performance improvement, simply curious what exactly is causing this and how it could be fixed.

Either way, thank you Squid!