Random Restarts

halorrr

Hi Guys!

Newbie here with my first built computer and first unRaid server. So I find my server is constantly having random freeze ups or restarts. I installed mcelog like Fix Common Problems suggested but not sure where I see that information now. I've attached my last syslog but this is of course after one of the restarts so I don't think it will have any useful info. 

Alright so I should get more detailed. So it is always one of 2 things, either the machine restarts randomly or freezes up, if I leave a monitor attached, I noticed when it freezes up, if I try and come over to do a clean reboot through the console, the keyboard won't detect no matter what USB slot it is attached to, though this fixes upon a forced restart. I'll just be going through unraid settings and setting up my dockers when all of a sudden pages will stop loading and the server disappears. I've run memtest for 24 hours and didn't get any errors. The S.M.A.R.T. status of my drives seems to all be ok (except for one that was only hooked to the system while I copied the data off it, and is gone now). I know that the issues aren't power related as none of my other devices have had any outages. 

If someone could help me figure out what is going on that would be great. Let me know if you need any other files from my server to help figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just thought I would also note they don't happen at a consistent interval. Sometimes the server works for 30 minutes, sometimes 6 hours.

syslog.txt

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

You mention getting random restarts.    This is almost certainly a hardware issue of some sort.    Things to check that can cause such symptoms would include the power supply and the system/cpu fans.

Thanks for the advice, do you have any idea how I can check on these? My second 24 hour memtest is currently on hour 7 and still no errors or restarts. It's weird that these issues only seem to happen when the server is fully up and running.

So still no errors in memtest but I did manage to catch a Machine check event in my log.

Jan 15 10:42:51 Colossus kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
Jan 15 10:42:51 Colossus kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 7: Machine Check: 0 Bank 5: bea0000000000108
Jan 15 10:42:51 Colossus kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR 1ffff8107593a MISC d012000101000000 SYND 4d000000 IPID 500b000000000 
Jan 15 10:42:51 Colossus kernel:  #8
Jan 15 10:42:51 Colossus kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 2:800f11 TIME 1516030954 SOCKET 0 APIC 7 microcode 8001129

From googling it seems to be related to my Ryzen CPU but can't figure out what to do about it. I'm on unRAID 6.4.0_rc21b and google said to try disabling the OpCache on my motherboard but that didn't fix it. Anyone working with a Ryzen and know what I can do this this? I tried to get more detail in mcelog but just got 

mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor.  Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.

CPU is unsupported

Archived