GNS3 Install?

HrtAttK

I used the VirtualBox VM and I installed it with Q35, SeaBIOS and manually assigning the 2 img disks, after converting them from vmdk images to raw. You need to use "kvm-intel.nested=1" if you want to have KVM support, otherwise it will complain that it will be slow... Everything works properly.

• 5 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 9:12 PM, thomas said:

I used the VirtualBox VM and I installed it with Q35, SeaBIOS and manually assigning the 2 img disks, after converting them from vmdk images to raw. You need to use "kvm-intel.nested=1" if you want to have KVM support, otherwise it will complain that it will be slow... Everything works properly.

Sorry for that noob question but how do you install a virtualbox VM in unraid.

I did search and didn't find any info.

In the VM setting the only thing I got as Operating system is Win8.1, linux, debian, ubuntu , etc.

No mention about Virtualbox VM.

The only thing I can think off is running a ubuntu VM and installing virtualbox in that VM so GNS3 will run in virtualbox in that VM in unraid. 

Or is it only the one on the GNS3 website that I download and install?

Thanks

You have to download the Virtualbox VM from GNS3 site, convert the two images from vmdk to raw. Then create a Linux VM and assign the 2 images manually. The VM needs to be Q35 type with SeaBios. After that it will boot normally and you can check it with VNC. You don't need to install Ubuntu or Virtual box.