Restarting the Web GUI - Is It Possible?

FraxTech

I'm using version 6.3.5 and the Web GUI keeps crashing, but everything running on the server still works perfectly fine (I can access all the shares, VMs, and Dockers), I just can't access the unRAID GUI.  I have another thread about the crashes, but in the mean time, I was wondering, is there any way to restart the GUI when it has crashed?  I've searched and haven't found anything on it, so I was hoping posting the question would tell me for certain whether or not it is possible.

Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, FraxTech said:

I'm using version 6.3.5 and the Web GUI keeps crashing, but everything running on the server still works perfectly fine (I can access all the shares, VMs, and Dockers), I just can't access the unRAID GUI.  I have another thread about the crashes, but in the mean time, I was wondering, is there any way to restart the GUI when it has crashed?  I've searched and haven't found anything on it, so I was hoping posting the question would tell me for certain whether or not it is possible.

Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

The GUI is NOT restartable in unRAID 6.3.5

In unRAID 6.3.5 the GUI is delivered by a Web server built into the emhttp process (which is not restartable).    In unRAID 6.4 the GUI now runs under a standard web server (nginx).

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

The GUI is NOT restartable in unRAID 6.3.5

In unRAID 6.3.5 the GUI is delivered by a Web server built into the emhttp process (which is not restartable).    In unRAID 6.4 the GUI now runs under a standard web server (nginx).

Thanks for the info, itimpi.  So maybe I'll need to look at switching over to 6.4 sooner rather than later.  I haven't followed the development on 6.4, so I need to see where it is in the process.  Thanks again!

Archived