Unraid Becoming Unresponsive and Inaccessible over Network

lankanmon

Hi All, 

So recently, I have been having some issues with my Unraid server where (usually overnight), it is becoming unresponsive and inaccessible over the network.

Usually, when this happens, I am unable to access the WebGUI or any of the Dockers running on it as well as all of the VMs.

I am able to connect to it via SSH, however, I am unable to shut it down with the

poweroff

command. 

I usually have to manually force a shutdown via my motherboards IPMI and then reboot.

Obviously,  this is an unsafe shutdown method and require a parity rebuild (with 0 errors) afterward.

I have noticed that Unraid is operational but in-accessible (the fact that I can connect via SSH and the that the Desktop Login screen is visible on the Thumbnail in my IPMI web gui).

I was hoping that someone knows why this may be. 

This has been happening more and more recently and I have no way to explain what that cause is.

I am not too familiar with reading logs, so if someone can walk me through, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I have not done a safe mode. Mainly because this behavior is erratic. Last week it occurred 3 days in a row, and then stopped and the occurred again last night. Since I do use the server daily, I did not have time to leave it in safe mode, but I will do that if I can.

In regards to the logs, from the appearance, it only has logged since reboot (which I will post below). Is there any way to view logs from before?

Thanks!

Log (syslog.txt): 

https://pastebin.com/qNzNEQS4

(not sure if I should post 2000+ lines here, so I used paste bin, please let me know if I should post it here)

Archived