We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

read errors

megna22

Okay all this was weird! I run a basic media server one plugin that shows me the streams running No dockers no VMs Running on a asus m3n78 pro main board with a quad core amd processor 2 gig ram Ill supply a sys log I had read errors on 2

drives no red globes running the newest version of unraid 6.4 anyway Ill let the log tell the story.BTW I rebooted and things returned to normal.movies-syslog-20180128-0015.zip

Full diagnostics might show more, but from the syslog:

-on the board bios change your controller from IDE to SATA/AHCI

-unrelated to current errors parity disk needs a new SATA cable

-disk3 and disk4 got disabled a the same time, most likely disk3 took out disk4 because of the controller being in IDE mode

-problem with disk3 might be caused by a cable or disk issue, SMART reports included in the diags might shed a light

18 minutes ago, megna22 said:

I did restart the server...

It's OK since you grabbed the syslog before, but next time you can grab the diags, I just wanted to check SMART, both parity and disk3 show CRC errors, they need a new SATA cable, disk4 look fine so most likely taken down by disk3 like I suspected, don't forget to change the controller to SATA/AHCI.

Okay I know it`s been awhile but the CRC Errors were coming from bad molex connectors I hate them things. Anyhow drive 3 showed bad the server dumped it. It was replaced the parity drive has 44 crc errors I thinking from the same problem. Question is how do I make sure and how do I correct these crc errors the parity drive is not even a year old still under warranty.

Archived