Documents share in Cache not moving

4ntech

Hello,

For few weeks I have set the documents share to use cache drive "prefer", I changed the setting to "No" and I have a move scheduled to run every hour but documents share is not moving out of cache I have tried move now.

I have stop/start array and also have rebooted the server. Another issue occurred after I did stop/start array space on cache all of a sudden is showing 27 GB free instead of 48 GB.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks,

So which setting should I use to move Documents share out of cache except no I dont see any other option

No prohibits new files and subdirectories from being written onto the Cache disk/pool.

Yes indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the Cache disk/pool and onto the array.

Only indicates that all new files and subdirectories must be writen to the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient free space on the Cache disk/pool, create operations will fail with out of space status.

Prefer indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the array and onto Cache disk/pool.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

If you want mover to move files from Cache to Array then you need it set to Yes before invoking mover.    If you do not want any new files to go via the cache you can change it to No after mover has completed.

Thank you that did the trick. Can you tell me how to find whats taking up 10 gb of space after mount/dismount array in cache drive? currently after moving Documents share I have 37 GB free and before it was 48 gb