Red X on a drive

emmcee

I've had a red X pop up on one of my disks. I've been able to move the data to other drives with unBalance and I have replaced the SATA cable.

Can someone take a look at my diagnostics and let me know if it's OK to rebuild or shoud I just replace it? If it needs to be relaced, it is possible to remove it competley (it's currently emty),

Edited by emmcee
4 hours ago, emmcee said:

I've had a red X pop up on one of my disks. I've been able to move the data to other drives

Just thought I would mention that this is not really the best first action when you have a disabled disk. Moving to other disks in the array is doing a lot of writes to an unprotected array. And just rebuilding would have saved your files anyway.

15 hours ago, trurl said:

Just thought I would mention that this is not really the best first action when you have a disabled disk. Moving to other disks in the array is doing a lot of writes to an unprotected array. And just rebuilding would have saved your files anyway.

It's reallly obvious now that you said it!

Anyway, luckily for me parity check has completed without error and I've kicked off the clear script. Thanks all for the help!