We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Startup after 6 months - anything I should check?

extrobe

Hi, after 6 months in storage & being shipping to the other side of the world, I've finally got my server back up & running.

It's a 20xHDD / 2xSSD setup- currently on 6.3.5

Just looking for any suggested activities I should carry out before putting it into full use.

I've re-installed all the drives, and everything booted up fine first time - so things are going well so far.

I'm currently running a full parity check - but at 98% complete, no errors have been found, and SMART looks to be giving them all a thumbs up.

Meanwhile, I've began updating the key docker images and have a few of them running again - again, everything looks to be going smoothly

I also need to upgrade to 6.4.1 (anything about jumping from 6.3.5-->6.4.1 I should be aware of?)

I also have a pre-cleared hot-spare in case a disk fails (although this was also a disk that travelled - so may pickup another disk as a 'fresh' hot spare)

Is there anything else I should do before I get too confident that everything is OK and bring all the services back into use?

Everything just seems to have gone a bit too well xD

Honestly, I'd stick with 6.3.5 for a few weeks, just to make sure everything is ok before introducing 6.4.x. There are major changes from 6.3 to 6.4, so I'd take the time to read the release notes and upgrade threads, search for posts about your motherboard in connection with 6.4, and just generally take your time and do the research to make sure the upgrade goes as smoothly as your move seems to have gone. :D

Archived