Docker error?

Okay... So at this point, I just want to do a fresh install.

I know ive got new, good drives. I want to remove all old configs and settings from me testing and playing.

What do I need to do? Something with my usb key and my pro key?

@SSD I could use your guidance oh wise one. PS, let me know where to send (a) beer(s), I know I owe you one by now. 

My drives showed up in the mail 2 days early, so im starting now.

I did a clean config, and removed all my old array devices. The array only consists of new drives at the moment.

Right now.. I tried to add plex, and get started.. and it gives me this error

http://prntscr.com/idv0qu

Ideas?
The my-plex.xml file is corrupt on the flash drive (full path to it in that first error line) delete it
5 minutes ago, Squid said:
1 hour ago, tbonedude420 said:
My drives showed up in the mail 2 days early, so im starting now.

I did a clean config, and removed all my old array devices. The array only consists of new drives at the moment.

Right now.. I tried to add plex, and get started.. and it gives me this error

http://prntscr.com/idv0qu

Ideas?

The my-plex.xml file is corrupt on the flash drive (full path to it in that first error line) delete it

Okay, new error now..?

http://prntscr.com/idw01u

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Reload the apps tab. That URL listed in the browser is impossible

ELI5. 

Reboot the server...? Or?

Is there a specific button to refresh the apps?

You say the /AddContainer is impossible... heres how im getting it.

Dashboard > apps > type 'plex' into the magnifier glass > click download on the plex (linuxserver) and this is what pops up. 

Edited by tbonedude420
41 minutes ago, tbonedude420 said:

Okay... So at this point, I just want to do a fresh install.

I know ive got new, good drives. I want to remove all old configs and settings from me testing and playing.

What do I need to do? Something with my usb key and my pro key?

@SSD I could use your guidance oh wise one. PS, let me know where to send (a) beer(s), I know I owe you one by now. 

The best way to start from scratch is to stop the array, rename the config directory on the unRAID flash disk, and load a default config directory from the unRAID ZIP file. Most of your configurations are stored in the config directory, including servername, timezone, spinpu/down settings, network settings, plugins and even share configurations.

You might have some manual cleanup of the appdata, domains, isos, system, and dockers. You might just wipe out all of those folders from the cache drive (assuming that's where they are).

Then when you reboot you should be fresh and clean.

14 minutes ago, SSD said:

The best way to start from scratch is to stop the array, rename the config directory on the unRAID flash disk, and load a default config directory from the unRAID ZIP file. Most of your configurations are stored in the config directory, including servername, timezone, spinpu/down settings, network settings, plugins and even share configurations.

You might have some manual cleanup of the appdata, domains, isos, system, and dockers. You might just wipe out all of those folders from the cache drive (assuming that's where they are).

Then when you reboot you should be fresh and clean.

This is what I was looking for, thanks. By rename... you mean ... delete... right? Heh. (This is EDITING joe, ... and this is a bad idea. Your key is here stupid)

I have a 256gb nvme m.2 onboard, as well as a 120gb crucial ssd (older, 200-300 mbps, not 500mbps)

Would you agree in making the nvme my 'cache' and my 120gb ssd the VM drive? I prefer to have my dockers and apps running as fast as robotic-ally possible. The VM's dont need the iops and I only plan to run 1 or 2, and just want a 'responsive' vm. 

Edited by tbonedude420
duh.
17 minutes ago, Squid said:

Reload the apps tab. That URL listed in the browser is impossible

If it helps, heres the full URL

'  http://192.168.1.108/Apps/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=default:/tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/templates-community-apps/329.xml  '

Im going to go with SSD's suggestion, and just start fresh. I added quite a few drives, played around, had crashes, and other nonsense, at this point I just want to start clean. 

3 hours ago, tbonedude420 said:

This is what I was looking for, thanks. By rename... you mean ... delete... right? Heh. (This is EDITING joe, ... and this is a bad idea. Your key is here stupid)

I have a 256gb nvme m.2 onboard, as well as a 120gb crucial ssd (older, 200-300 mbps, not 500mbps)

Would you agree in making the nvme my 'cache' and my 120gb ssd the VM drive? I prefer to have my dockers and apps running as fast as robotic-ally possible. The VM's dont need the iops and I only plan to run 1 or 2, and just want a 'responsive' vm. 

You can always delete it. I'd just rename it for now.

As far as cache as SSD vs nvme, personal preference. Personally I want my Windows VM to be the fastest. But if you want your Dockers to be fastest possible, use the NVMe there. 256G might be enough for both.

BTW, for the NVMe, you might research if it is running on CPU lanes or DMI lanes. A <$20 PCIe card can be had to put it on a CPU lane. It is quite a bit faster that way.

My instructions don't wipe your data. That's on you if you want to delete data you experimented with. If you want to reformat a drive (and keep the filesystem), the quickest way is to stop the array and change the filesystem (e.g., from xfs to btrfs) on the drive(s) you want to reformat. When you start the array, the disks will show up as unformatted. You can then format them (e.g, to btrfs). After formatted to the new FS, you can repeat (stop array and change filesystem) only this time change the filesystem to the original (e.g., to xfs), and then when you start the array, it will again prompt you to format, which you can do. This will accomplish your goal of reformatting the disks without changing the filesystem.

Have fun. Be careful that your feet don't get exposed to friendly fire. ;-)

9 hours ago, SSD said:

You can always delete it. I'd just rename it for now.

As far as cache as SSD vs nvme, personal preference. Personally I want my Windows VM to be the fastest. But if you want your Dockers to be fastest possible, use the NVMe there. 256G might be enough for both.

BTW, for the NVMe, you might research if it is running on CPU lanes or DMI lanes. A <$20 PCIe card can be had to put it on a CPU lane. It is quite a bit faster that way.

My instructions don't wipe your data. That's on you if you want to delete data you experimented with. If you want to reformat a drive (and keep the filesystem), the quickest way is to stop the array and change the filesystem (e.g., from xfs to btrfs) on the drive(s) you want to reformat. When you start the array, the disks will show up as unformatted. You can then format them (e.g, to btrfs). After formatted to the new FS, you can repeat (stop array and change filesystem) only this time change the filesystem to the original (e.g., to xfs), and then when you start the array, it will again prompt you to format, which you can do. This will accomplish your goal of reformatting the disks without changing the filesystem.

Have fun. Be careful that your feet don't get exposed to friendly fire. ;-)

NVME is onboard, running on pcie lanes, direct to cpu. My board doesn't have PCH or w/e that other chipset alternative that x79 used...

Also, I believe I've identified either an issue, or hardware incompatibility.

Remember the other day unraid kept freezing for me? Its doing it again. It happens at a very specific time, and its repeatable. Even on a fresh brand new install. When I mount the NVME with unassigned devices and go to start copying files off, it eventually just hard-locks. Console cursor still blinking, but network drops, and no longer accepts any input. Tail log stays empty. I believe this is solely the cause of my issues. I started to narrow it down one by one, and this is the only thing causing hang-ups. The add-in cards haven't given me any issues actually, and based on a little research on the forums the marvell chipset is well supported via linux and freebsd. 

I really want to use unraid, but im having so many issues I really don't know its worth it. -

Im not giving up yet, but I need my media to be a) safe and secure and b) which i think is more important, usable.

I knew going into this the server I built was probably to new, and too consumer to be fully utilized, so I don't blame limetech whatsoever. 

Ill drag out my dell r7 server and throw it on there in the mean time, at the very least I still need to get my array(s) in order. 

1 hour ago, tbonedude420 said:

NVME is onboard, running on pcie lanes, direct to cpu. My board doesn't have PCH or w/e that other chipset alternative that x79 used...

Also, I believe I've identified either an issue, or hardware incompatibility.

Remember the other day unraid kept freezing for me? Its doing it again. It happens at a very specific time, and its repeatable. Even on a fresh brand new install. When I mount the NVME with unassigned devices and go to start copying files off, it eventually just hard-locks. Console cursor still blinking, but network drops, and no longer accepts any input. Tail log stays empty. I believe this is solely the cause of my issues. I started to narrow it down one by one, and this is the only thing causing hang-ups.

I will mention that I am setting up a new server and was having some very strange issues. The syslinux countdown stopped working (stuck at T minus 5 seconds). Smart reports from my Areca controller stopped working. I couldn't get GPU passthrough to work. I traced it back to booting unRAID in UEFI mode from my new motherboard. When I booted with legacy boot, this all resolved.

Likely you are not using UEFI mode, but if you are you might go back to legacy boot.

See below for some ideas.

The add-in cards haven't given me any issues actually, and based on a little research on the forums the marvell chipset is well supported via linux and freebsd. 

Don't know what to say about that. But Marvell chipsets have been a big problem here. I would recommend replacing.

I really want to use unraid, but im having so many issues I really don't know its worth it. -

Im not giving up yet, but I need my media to be a) safe and secure and b) which i think is more important, usable.

I knew going into this the server I built was probably to new, and too consumer to be fully utilized, so I don't blame limetech whatsoever. 

Ill drag out my dell r7 server and throw it on there in the mean time, at the very least I still need to get my array(s) in order. 

I feel your pain.

Your NVMe issue sounds like it might be a hardware problem. If there is a different NVMe port, you might try switching to the other one. Or reseating the chip.

Searching for your motherboard / similar issues? BIOS update? Resetting BIOS defaults? Calling tech support?

100% agree with data being safe and secure and usable. If it weren't, I would have moved on long ago. I have not had a server crash or any hint of instability on my server with the last 4 motherboards. But have had oddities peculiar to each getting them set up. This one I'm using now, as mentioned above, has thrown a few curve balls. But so far have been able to overcome.

Keep plugging! The end is worth it.