Exclude specific docker containers from update all

NAS

There are certain containers I do not wish to always update due to either their risk of breakage or required uptime.

A good example is TVheadend which is known for breaking and updating turns of home TVs.

Currently the only way i know to not update this container is to stop using the "update all" feature and manually update each remaining containers manually one by one.

This is a chore and ideally specific containers could be excluded from "update all" or set to to only update every xx days/weeks.

• Like 2
On 16.2.2018 at 10:39 AM, NAS said:

There are certain containers I do not wish to always update due to either their risk of breakage or required uptime.

A good example is TVheadend which is known for breaking and updating turns of home TVs.

Currently the only way i know to not update this container is to stop using the "update all" feature and manually update each remaining containers manually one by one.

This is a chore and ideally specific containers could be excluded from "update all" or set to to only update every xx days/weeks.

Use the release-4.2 branch if you are afraid of tvheadend breaking ;-)

To be serious, you could install squids Auto update applications plugin. There you can set which plugins/dockers to update. 

Sorry for the slow reply. I actually had this installed but did not realize it covered dockers as well.

I still think this should be a standard feature but you have to choose your battles especially when such a good plugin exists... deja vu conversation.

Thanking you saarg :)