Configuration Valid, but array won't start

wreck

This has to be something stupid, so I feel bad posting this to begin with...... I had a valid config and ran a parity check to confirm. Stopped the array and removed the parity drive in order to free up a physical slot to do a preclear on a new new 8tb drive. Preclear went fine and is done. I powered down the box and replaced the 8tb with the old parity drive. Bringing everything back up and asigning the drives, I get the "configuration valid" message at the bottom of the main tab, but the "Start" button is still greyed out. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

main.thumb.jpg.b7f3c1e1e5420f6d6e55222e25b125dd.jpg

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Please post your diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics and current main page screenshot.

Sorry, should have done that initially. There have been several reboots along the way, but here is the latest. I have one from right after the initial parity check (to confirm all was well before starting any changes) if that is helpful as well. It's the older file. I did upgrade from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 between the two, but the array was up and running after the upgrade. If anything else is needed please let me know. Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20180217-0549.zip

tower-diagnostics-20180208-0952.zip

I tried turning on "enable auto start" under disk settings and rebooting and the array comes up just fine doing that. Unfortunately, if I stop it after that, it is back to the same place as far as letting me start it back up. Can I remove the old partiy disk from the array, turn it off, physically replace with the new parity disk and power back up? I've tried going to other tabs and back to main without and luck and I think the log entry you pointed out was just me trying to change something, then change it right back to see if it would let me start the array up then. Thanks.

1 hour ago, buxton said:

I tried turning on "enable auto start" under disk settings and rebooting and the array comes up just fine doing that. Unfortunately, if I stop it after that, it is back to the same place as far as letting me start it back up.

That is weird, most likely something wrong with your config or flash drive, you could try redoing it, first backup current flash, redo it and only restore super.dat and the key file from the backup, both on the config folder, if it works reconfigure the server or start restoring the other config files until you find the culprit.

Archived