Individual IP address for a docker

schford

HI,

I'd like to give my emby docker its own IP address (so I can tighten my firewall up sharing media when I go on holidays),  I have read a few posts that say this is possible in 6.4

I thought it would be straight forward - go into update container for the appropriate docker - change the network type to bond0 leave the fixed IP address blank (I had assumed this woudl mean it picks one up from the DHCP server (I use pfsense to assign fixed IPs to key bits of kit)).

But then it gives itself an IP address of 192.168.0.2 rather than getting one from DHCP and something else on the network has this ip address all ready (a managed switch).

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Stuart

Docker networks don't talk to the dhcp server on the actual network. It runs its own internal address allocator/dns management system.

What you want is to tweak the docker network for bond0 and assign the "DHCP pool" range outside of the one on your actual network.

(Its under Settings|Docker - Advanced view)

To make static IP reservations, you can still assign it in your pfsense, then fill it in the fixed IP when you edit the container settings

Archived