Drive Full Errors?

jeffreywhunter

I'm seeing this log entry

Feb 20 12:00:03 HunterNAS root: move_object: /mnt/cache/pictures/2017/2018-02-03 11.44.33.jpg No space left on device
Feb 20 12:00:03 HunterNAS root: move: file /mnt/cache/pictures/2017/2018-02-03 11.44.35.jpg

Indeed the drive has filled to capacity.  It's Drive 1.  I removed the drive from all shares (specifically Pictures) a week or so ago when I noticed it was nearly full.  But it appears that the mover is ignoring the share settings?  All the other drives have loads of free space. So something is not configured properly.

I must be missing something.

Diags attached.

hunternas-diagnostics-20180220-1255.zip

17 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Split level takes priority over allocation method, change you pictures split level to "split any directory as required"

Thanks Johnnie.  From a practical/best practices operational perspective, does it make sense to manage to a particular level to keep files together?  For instance, I have movies set to Level 1 (keeps all of one movie together), TV set to level 2 (keeps each season on a single disk), pictures at level 1 (keeps all pictures for a year on one drive), etc.  If I go with split any directory as required, then files dependent on each other (i.e. movie files) could be spread across multiple disks.  If I lost a disk, then having partial files would be useless.  Am I looking at that correctly?

Archived