6.4.1: Replaced Cache Drive - Gone Wrong

bnr32jason

I followed the very simple instructions for transferring files from the old cache SSD to the new one, I'm not sure what went wrong.

- Used the mover method to copy my appdata, system, and domains from cache to the array and then back to cache

- Everything appears on the new cache drive

- I now have three docker apps (Plex, OpenVPN, and Deluge), I had 8 or 9 before.

- Plex shows my old server, but cannot connect to it

- I now have zero VM's, I had two Win10 VM's previously

I'm sure this is something little that I missed, but I'm hoping it's recoverable. I did keep the old SSD cache drive in as an unassigned device, but it's been reformatted already. I saw that everything was present on the new SSD cache drive, so I figured everything was fine. I did save a backup of the appdata folder on the array, in a share called "backups." The directory structure on my new cache matches the backups share exactly.

I've tried restarting the server several times, uninstalled the Unassigned Devices plugin as it's caused some issues for me in the past. I tried manually pointing the settings in Docker and VM Manager to the correct directories, but still no VM's and the same three docker apps.

Anything come to mind here? What can I do to get things back up and running without starting from scratch? Thanks!

Did you shutdown docker and VM services before moving them?

Docker are easy to restore if the appdata as moved, just go to the apps tabs, previous apps and restore.

For the VMs, and if you don't have a libvirt.img backup, you can recreate them using the exact same settings and point to the existing vdisks.

Archived