New build will not boot unRAID

sombersalt

Hello unRAID world..

I have a new build that will not boot unRaid. I used unRaid on an old Win 8.1 box and had a great experience due in large part to this support community combined with Spaceinvader One's excellent videos.  IOMMU issues (not supported on old MOBO ) caused me to move on to a custom build, that is based on Spaceinvader's featured build.

The previously working unRaid flash drive is plugged into a USB port on the back of the MOBO not a front port. The IOMMU/VT-D, Hyper threading/Intel Virtualization, and USB settings all set correctly, I think  (see hyperlinked images.) Finally Firmware is up to date. I have followed many BIOS/software remedies to no avail. The boot sequence hangs on the second page of text, however on the first attempt I got this image

So the question is if I truly have a hardware issue, how best to go about diagnosing it? All components above are new except the CPU which is an "engineering sample" out of Hong Kong from a vendor who had 30 to sell and will stand by his products. If I have a BIOS / Software problem I will just keep reading or buy an hour of support.

Thanks,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Archived