[SOLVED] Help with LSI LOGIC 9210-8I HBA BIOS Configuration

Joseph

Hi unRAIDers,

I recently purchased another case that came with an LSI Logic 9210-8I HBA. I flashed it to the latest BIOS 07.39.02.00 (2015.08.03) and updated the firmware to 20.00.07.00-IT. It boots ok to the unRAID flash drive without any HDDs installed. However, after migrating the HDDs over, the system will not boot. It prompts me to either reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media. I have the system BIOS set up to boot to USB, but for some reason (now that it sees there are HDDs installed) it wants to boot off the HBA.

Questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

• Does anyone know what needs to be done in the LSI BIOS (Avago MPT2) so it will boot to the USB stick instead?
  • Follow up question (which I think might be part of the issue) should the LSI BIOS Boot Support be set to "Enabled BIOS & OS" (default), "Enabled BIOS only", "Enabled OS only" or "Disabled".

I've had serious issues with data loss recently and I don't want to blow it on this migration.

Thanks in advance, unRAID community!!

25 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You shouln't need to, you only need to set the board to boot using the flash drive, if it doesn't it's a board problem/bios bug.

ok...I thought there was a setting that needed to be turned off or something in the HBA. erasing the BIOS now.

Marking as solved... Thank you so much, johnnie.black!!!

Archived