Unraid to Unraid Backup Options?

sentein

Are there any options for backing up an unraid server to an on site backup server? I have read posts about rsync to do the job but with new disk encryption rsync becomes unwieldy. I have tried Beyond Compare on a VM to copy my shares and overall BC is great but the server is just too large. These servers are direct connected with a 10Gb Fibre line. Is there a good docker or Plugin that might be able to do this? I have been attempting to get this to work for over a month with different options. Any insight or advise would be great.

2 hours ago, 1812 said:

I use Cloudberry. It works flawlessly without issue.

there are others.

I read through a forum post on Cloudberry. You stated in this post that you had not hit a limit on a local backup. Can you confirm this is accurate? I do not mind paying for pro if this works but if the size limit is accurate i would need Ultimate which is getting kinda pricey. I realize backing up is worth it in the long run. I am just curious. Please let me know how yours is working.

8 minutes ago, sentein said:

I read through a forum post on Cloudberry. You stated in this post that you had not hit a limit on a local backup. Can you confirm this is accurate? I do not mind paying for pro if this works but if the size limit is accurate i would need Ultimate which is getting kinda pricey. I realize backing up is worth it in the long run. I am just curious. Please let me know how yours is working.

I use it for local backup and have yet to hit a limit.

Additionally, I have remote servers vpn to my network, and I mount those drives as local as well and backup to those.

Archived