New install - No Network

Overkyll

Testing out unraid for some possible VM solutions after running into some issues with VMware and ran into an issue on boot that no network driver appears to be loaded.  We aren't getting and eth0 to show up.  

The board is a Gigabyte B250m-D3H.  I also tried adding an external PCI-e network card, Rosewill RC-411, I had laying around and it doesn't seem to be pulling in drivers for that card either. 

DHCP is working for any other computer on the line. 

We do have several subnets though if that makes a difference.

I believe I have a working driver, untested, but unsure of how to add it to unraid.

Driver and similar issue found here,  but its for ubuntu.  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2305909

I've attached my boot log if it helps.

syslog.txt

If I add the ip address manually it seems to add, to br0,  again we have no eth0 showing.  But if I go to add a default gw I get "SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable"

I can ping itself with new IP address, but cannot ping any other device on the subnet and other devices cannot ping it.   If I pull the network plug and put it into a windows PC I do get a dhcp assigned address.

Onboard is enabled in BIOS, and I have tried it with WOL on and off, as I had seen a previous thread with a similar issue and WOL causing the hang up.  No change either way.  

Typing lspci -nn : grep 0200 shows both cards.

ifconfig shows br0 with proper address(manually assigned) and does show tx packets, i assume from ping tests, but no rx.   No errors shown.

The only two showing in ifconfig is br0 and lo, when piped, i get br0, erspan0, gre0, gretap0, ip_vtio,lo, sit0, and tun10.

Currently the br0 is  assigned to the add-on Rosewill card based on packet increases when pinging itself.   I am getting 100mbps activity light, and switchport is set and working.  It's connected to a Cisco,  I've manually set the speed to 100mb, 1000mb, and auto,  no change either way.

Archived