Installing a make file In Unraid 6.5

hey, I have the driver for the installation but having a problem with finding the file in the unraid Terminal the driver is for a network card form trend net  (TEG-10GECTX) I have unraid 6.5 I put the file in the Boot USB drive. help

IOMMU group 21:[1fc9:4027] 06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Tehuti Networks Ltd. TN9710P 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Ethernet Adapter

Edited by Landermark

That device is not supported in the linux tehuti driver.  Not sure why, eventually whoever is the maintainer will correct that.  But I hope you understand we cannot install vendor-specific drivers into unRAID because it results in huge support issues.  Often in the past we have done this, but along comes a kernel release where the old driver source no longer compiles.  Now what do we do?  If we stay on old kernel we don't get security and bug fixes and feature of new kernel.  If we move to new kernel, everyone using the proprietary driver can't upgrade unRAID OS which may have other critical security and bug fixes.  Your best approach would be to find out who is the linux maintainer for that driver and ask them to add support.  It may be as simple as a one-line change to add the PCI ID of the device, but I have not seen any such patch.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Landermark said:

ok I will contact the manufacturer about the driver and see if they can fix the code on it but if you can add it so I can see how well it works for that update that be great

We added a patch in 6.5.1-rc3 which will let the tehuti driver recognize your card's PCI ID.  Please let me know if this solves the problem for you.

1 hour ago, Landermark said:

so I have gotten in contact with someone at TRENDnet about the drive he told me to email him the information we need to be done and he can send it to the right person to see if he can make the driver fit 

What needs to be done is have their card work with latest linux 'tehuti' in-tree driver.

• 2 months later...