New QNAP build. Syslog needs checking

Did you get to the GUI?  If you did, there is no real danger in putting in the disks.  unRAID is not going to do anything to them until you tell it to.  

I am assuming that the the disks are either (1) blank or (2) have no data on them that you want to save or reuse.  If these conditions are not true, you need to tell what you want to do with these disks.  

To clarify. I have data drives with lots of data that I am moving from the server in my signature to the QNAP. I am downsizing. And I also replaced USBs. The one in my QNAP right now is an old blacklisted one.

I got to the GUI fine. Just want to know if there is anything to worry about in the QNAP syslog?

The only thing that I saw was a serial port that failed to initialize.  BUT, I am not the best expert on reading Syslogs. unRAID is pretty hardware agnostic and I seem to recall having seen that other folks are running it on QNAP hardware.   I am gathering that with eight  8TB drives, you don't have one other old SATA drive, you can install as a data drive (no parity protection) just to test it out for a couple of days.  You do realize that with an an install of unRAID on a new Flash Drive, you can get a trial key which is good for thirty days.  See here for details:

https://lime-technology.com/pricing/

That  be a better option then all the reading of syslogs can ever provide.  

Edited by Frank1940