Changing everything but drives

This is probably answered, and I'll close the thread & delete if necessary, but I wanted to confirm for myself.  Being in a bit of a time crunch, and as stubborn as I am...

1. Transitioning from C204 and 1155, Cougar Point & Sandy Bridge, to X99 and 2011-v3, Haswell-E.  Any known issues or alterations that should be made to VM XML's?
  2. There will be a big change in Memory due to the Chipset and architecture change, DDR3-ECC to DDR4-nonECC.  The quantity memory with both configurations is 32GB, what other issues could this cause?
  3. A big reason for the change is for better PCI-E compared to my current MOBO.  However, my HDD are currently connected to an IT flashed Dell PERC H310, LSI 9211-8i, are there any problems that can occur other than incorrect Unraid Disk assignment?
  4. The result I'm seeking in all of will be 50% more cores and threads, nearly double the cache, new architecture, additional PCI-E lanes and expansion options, as well as higher memory speed and maximum memory configurations.  Would it be worth the trouble?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Edited by TheFullTimer