Bjonness406

[Closed][6.5.0] Adding new ports to docker

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Description:
Then trying to add a new port when network type is set to Custom it is not possible to add container port

How to reproduce:
Try to add a new port then network type is set to Custom.

Expected results:
Shows the Container port field when network type is set to Custom (like it does on network type bridge)

Actual results: 
Not showing the conatiner port field 
Edited by Bjonness406

With custom networks there is no port mapping required.

28 minutes ago, bonienl said:

With custom networks there is no port mapping required.

Ok, I see.

Is there any documention on this on the unraid manual? I want to read a bit more about this, without going in very deep.

How does unraid/docker find out which ports to map then? Does it take the ones from "Expose" part on the docker file?
How will I then add another port if neccesary without editing the docker file itself?

Maybe it would be nice to grey out the port field then using custom networks? If that is not too much work.

12 hours ago, Bjonness406 said:

Ok, I see.

Is there any documention on this on the unraid manual? I want to read a bit more about this, without going in very deep.

How does unraid/docker find out which ports to map then? Does it take the ones from "Expose" part on the docker file?
How will I then add another port if neccesary without editing the docker file itself?

Maybe it would be nice to grey out the port field then using custom networks? If that is not too much work.

You could say that it's running like setting network to host mode, except not using hosts IP. This means all ports are open and doesn't need to be mapped. 

You don't need to do anything to use a new port. Just set the new port in the software you run in the container and it should work. 

11 hours ago, saarg said:

You could say that it's running like setting network to host mode, except not using hosts IP. This means all ports are open and doesn't need to be mapped. 

You don't need to do anything to use a new port. Just set the new port in the software you run in the container and it should work. 

Ah, I see.
Thanks for the help guys. Closing this now B|