[Solved] upgrade from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 failure

mgpaulus

I just upgraded from 6.5.0 (which was plenty stable) to 6.5.1 and after the reboot, the system is not booting up at all.  I can boot into single user mode, but I can't get into regular mode.  I will attach screen shots of where it looks like it's hanging, but it kind of looks / feels like udev isn't behaving correctly.  When I boot into single user mode and poke around, I see that there is no /dev/disk file structure, which is also indicated in the photos, in that it can't find /dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID, and so can't find it's brains to boot.

Not sure where to go for further diagnosis or progress, so any help would be appreciated.

unraid-failure-1.JPG

unraid-failure-2.JPG

Thanks for the pointer.  Turns out the USB drive was throwing bad sector errors.  But, I was able to pull enough of the /config directory to be able to create a new Flash drive with 6.5.1 and my captured /config directory and everything booted up nicely.   Did a Registration Key transfer and now everything looks like it's out there just fine (all my drives are there and no parity check necessary, and my Plex docker is out there).  I put everything on a Lexar 32GB Jumpdrive S75 with a 3 yr warranty, so hopefully I won't run into this again for a while.

• mgpaulus changed the title to [Solved] upgrade from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 failure

Archived