unRAID update notification obscures controls, doesn't reappear on next check after being dismissed

ElectricBadger

I had a notification at the top of the window saying that version 6.5.1 was available, but I did not have time to apply it at that point. I also had multiple notifications at the top right that I wanted to close. However, the "close all notifications" button was hidden by the 6.5.1 update notification (it really should not have been!) so I had to dismiss the update notification.

I assumed that it would reappear on the next update check, but I have that set to run every day and it has not appeared, even though it was dismissed 2 days ago now. I assume unRAID has treated the X button as "don't tell me about this version" and the update notification will now not appear until 6.5.2 (or 6.6!) is released.

I'm not sure this is what the average person would expect from the X button — having that close the notification until the next check runs would be a lot more sensible, perhaps with an extra "don't tell me again about this version" button.

Either way, it shouldn't obscure the "close all notifications" button, as it makes for a lot of work if there are 15 or so notifications to dismiss!

After all that, it took ages to find where the "update OS" button was (it's under Tools, if anybody else needs the info). Could an "update to version x.y.z" button perhaps appear with all the other buttons in Main when an update is available?

Archived