Question about and issue with Samba shares

mgpaulus

I am currently running 6.5.1 and currently have 8 Samba shares I'm using in Unassigned_Devices from my Sagetv box.  It is a Windows 7 box with 6 Media drives in it(each drive is shared).  I am also running Stablebit's Drivepool on that machine with the pool using drive K:, and K: is shared.  Most everything seems to be working fine, except for:

Seems like after a while my K: share just breaks.  The share is still there, but it shows a size of 0b.  I can clear it by unmounting and remounting the drive, then it goes back to showing me 34.2T as the size.

When I look at dmesg, I see these 2 messages:

[   36.030224] CIFS VFS: Dialect not supported by server. Consider specifying vers=1.0 or vers=2.0 on mount for accessing older servers
[   36.030257] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -95
[   36.166723] CIFS VFS: Dialect not supported by server. Consider specifying vers=1.0 or vers=2.0 on mount for accessing older servers
[   36.166742] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -95

I'm not sure this will actually correct my issue, but what I can't figure out is how do I set things up in samba-extra.conf so that I can specify the version to mount this K: drive.  Or, what diagnostics can I enable so that I can try to find out when and why my share seems to go to sleep or do whatever it's doing to go to 0b size?

Thanks,

Mark

Here are the contents of my samba-extra.conf:

client max protocol = SMB2_10

include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_e.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_f.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_G.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_h.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_j.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/mythtv1_disk1.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/mythtv1_disk2.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/mythtv1_disk3.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/mythtv1_disk4.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/mythtv1_disk5.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_D.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_K.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/sagetv1_PlayLater.conf
include = /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/en_office_professional_plus_2010_with_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_730330.conf

Archived