hardware error

I get this error in my syslog, anybody any idea what this means?

Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz (family: 0x6, model: 0x4f, stepping: 0x1)
Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 0: Machine Check: 0 Bank 19: be200000000b110a
Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR c647b1080 MISC 84fe2050801a4086 
Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 0:406f1 TIME 1527826657 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode b00002c
Jun  1 06:17:50 TIMO-NAS kernel: Performance Events: PEBS fmt2+, Broadwell events, 16-deep LBR, full-width counters, Intel PMU driver.

I started logging with "fix common problems" plugin set on trouble shooting because system kept locking up me out after a while resulting in a hard reboot.

so is this the cause? is my cpu busted?

Thanks in advance,

Timo

I just checked, the hamster providing power died, need a new one.

If you like info on the system from a newby you'll get more by giving exact location for that info instead of belittling them, i can't find a file named system event log. so i dont know what to give you.

Allthough actual help is still appreciated.

8 minutes ago, maestripieritimo said:

I just checked, the hamster providing power died, need a new one.

If you like info on the system from a newby you'll get more by giving exact location for that info instead of belittling them, i can't find a file named system event log. so i dont know what to give you.

Allthough actual help is still appreciated.

Go to Tools in the webUI. There you will find Diagnostics, which is often requested here. You can also get just the System Log (SEL) there, but it is already included in the Diagnostics along with many other useful things, so we usually prefer Diagnostics. Another thing in Tools is System Profiler, which gives a lot of different information about your hardware.

Also, just as an example, please see the "Need Help" sticky near the top of this same subforum. It explains other ways to get diagnostics among other things. There are lots of helpful articles pinned to the top of the subforums.

12 minutes ago, maestripieritimo said:

If you like info on the system from a newby you'll get more by giving exact location for that info instead of belittling them

I wasn't belittling you, just saying no way of knowing if you boards has a SEL since you didn't post your diagnostics or at least mention the motherboard you're using, for the next time you can find how to get the diagnostics here, it's pinned on the forum: