Parity check fail after power loss - how to proceed?

Had a question - had a power outage this week and the system started back up and ran a parity check.  However, I went back to check the server,and it looks like the parity check ran up a bunch of errors on a few drives, a drive got disabled by unraid, the drive was part of a share with three other drives, and no files that appear for that share.  I didn't dig much further into things..but as I saw errors on other drives that different fail (and I"ve been look at '0' errors for years now), that was concerning....any suggestions on where to step into this?  I uploaded the diag file, but don't want to start getting too creative with reseating drives or restarting parity checks, etc and cause more problems...or see if I should be searching logs for 'corrupt' or 'rescued' files at this point...

Any suggestions are appreciated...greatly appreciated...

Pete

server-diagnostics-20180622-0909.zip

Unfortunately the syslog is spammed with errors and the start of the problem is missing, but looks like multiple disks dropped offline and reconnected, one possible culprit is the SAS2LP as these are know to drop disks without a reason, reboot and then rebuild the disabled disk, or better yet, and as long as you're sure there's no new data there since it got disable, do a new config and run a parity sync instead.

Hmm... No new data should be on the two shares that are tied to the 3 drives in question.... so does that sounds like the best path is a new config route, or should I try to reboot this and rerun another parity check...or is that now out of the question...?

11 minutes ago, petebnas said:

No new data should be on the two shares that are tied to the 3 drives in question

Only matters for dis8, the disabled disk.

11 minutes ago, petebnas said:

so does that sounds like the best path is a new config route, or should I try to reboot this and rerun another parity check...or is that now out of the question...?

IMO there's no point in doing a parity check, either rebuild the disable disk or do a new config and sync parity.

• Upvote 1