SphericalRedundancy

unRAID is filling one drive above all others

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I must be doing something wrong.

Why is unRAID doing this?

I moved a bunch of folders onto my cache drive totally about 750GB (my cache is 1TB) and before moving it disk 1 had about 900GB available and it seems like unRAID decided to move it all to one drive and I have no idea why.

I'm pretty sure I have my split level set right on my shares but I don't know at this point.

Split Level takes precedence over Allocation Method and Minimum Free.

2 hours ago, SphericalRedundancy said:

I moved a bunch of folders onto my cache drive

Any details you can give about this? Do you know that any top level folder on cache or any array disk is automatically considered a User Share?

The folders I copied were all tv shows for a single share and the share is set as follows.

0UG7t43.png

So that would be an example of how I have the tv share laid out, tv (share name) > type > bunch of different shows per type > season folders per show

I have it set to split at level 2 which I think would only keep the season folders together? although based on your previous sentence and calling the share name itself the top level maybe it should be set to split at level 3?

5 hours ago, SphericalRedundancy said:

I have it set to split at level 2 which I think would only keep the season folders together?

Level 2 will keep the series folders together, for season folders you want level 3

Gotcha, so yeah I did have it set incorrectly.

Is there a way to have unraid move the files around again so they follow the new split level rules?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SphericalRedundancy said:

Gotcha, so yeah I did have it set incorrectly.

Is there a way to have unraid move the files around again so they follow the new split level rules?

UnRAID has no built-in functionality to automatically move files between array drives without manual intervention.

having said that the unBalance plugin has functionality that should do what you want although is still has to be triggered manually.

Edited by itimpi