Unraid + Docker + IPv6

finwes

Hello,

I want to access my unraid Server from the Internet with IPv6.

Currently its working for container on the network type Host, but I would like to isolate the container with the use of a new Docker Network.

My problem is that I am unable to create docker networks, which can be accessed by the global IPv6 address of my Server.

All in all I want is to have a network, for example proxynet with the containers letsencrypt and nextcloud inside to use letsencrypt to generate a ssl certificate for nextcloud and reverse proxy stuff.

I thought that another possibility to achieve ssl and reverse proxy would be to set letsencrypt as host with the global ipv6 adress of the server and to set the unraid GUI on another port so there would be no conflicts while using http.

If anyone of you could help me to achieve this would be great.

When you want a separate docker network, it requires a different ipv6 subnet.

This is commonly achieved with PD (prefix delegation). Your ISP hands out an ipv6 subnet (e.g. /56) which can be subdivided into a number of smaller (e.g /64) subnets.

PD is something to configure on your router and if set up correctly allows the smaller subnets to be reachable over the Internet.

Caution: make sure firewall rules are in place on your router to prevent unrestricted outside access.

Archived