We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

updating unraid issue

I click on the check for updates it says there is one. current is 6.3.5 available is 6.5.3. click update and i see the following

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

never gets past 50%

What am I missing?

How much RAM do you have?   If it is only 2GB then I do not think that upgrading via the GUI works as the new release is downloaded and unpacked to RAM before updating the USB stick.

Another possibility is that the USB stick is going read-only for some reason.   Posting the system diagnostics ZIP file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) would allow for more informed feedback.

3 hours ago, sublevel4 said:

hmmm.. it is only 1GB  I have attached the system diagnostics zip file

jarvis-diagnostics-20181005-1655.zip

If it is on;y 1GB then you definitely cannot update via the GUI!    In such a case you can only update via the manual method of downloading the ZIP file of the release and copying all the bz* type files to the root of the USB drive overwriting any existing files of that type.

it is a shame that the upgrade process does not check the RAM before attempting to upgrade and issue a warning in such a case.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...