Upgrade to latest build locked system / cant boot!

chris0583

Need some help here.  Logged in this AM and saw the "There is a new version button" and clicked to update.  Everything seemed normal.  Left computer to get some coffee and came back ad the browser was stuck at syncing........... in the upgrade plugin window.  I left it for 15 mins and nothing changed.  I tried to log in via ssh and nothing.  I went to the console and unresponsive.....   I waited for about 30 mins and still nothing......  I had to press the reset button.   Now the system wont boot at all.  

i get:

Loading bzroot ...ok

Invalid boot signature 0x2c22 bailing out

Booting kernel failed: Bad file number

looks like i am screwed.......  any help would be grateful.

Chris

I pulled the usb from the server and i put it into my windows machine and i can navigate thru the filesystem.  I made a complete copy of all the files to a separate folder on my sys just in case i am forced to wipe.  is there any way to take the manual update file and unpack the files to the usb and replace the broken files?  I could fire up a linux VM on my windows machine if needed. 

Turns out my key SanDisk Ultrafit went read only for some reason.  I can not remove it from read only.  Server was working fine since the day i installed it.   The key is brand new and has always been in the server.   Will have to get a new key from line-tech to bring up the server. 

Archived