Unraid hangs daily

t3rminus

I can't seem to keep the server online more than 24h.

Unraid v6.6.3

There are no errors in the log file (it just stops, at some point), and the console is unresponsive (frozen). Caret blinks on the login screen, but no input is recognized.

I've run multiple memtests, over 6+ full passes, with zero memory issues. I've had a console open with top running to see if one process is causing the hang, but it seems different every time, and no process is using an unreasonable amount of CPU or RAM.

I've disabled all my docker images. My BIOS is the latest version.

Can anyone offer any other tips? I can barely use the system, it's so unreliable. It's driving me insane. I've attached the output from FCP Troubleshooting mode.

vault-diagnostics-20181026-0419.zip

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

I would suggest opening up the case.  Make sure that all fans are running and the heatsink fins are clean.  If the case is obviously dirty clean it out (outside of your living area!).

Look for any loose connectors.  When done, double check that you didn't create any loose connectors.   😈

Try a new PS.  Several times in the past, folks have found that these random unexplained problems have been caused by defective PS.  See if you have one laying around, borrow one from a friend, or buy a new one from a realible vendor with a good 30-day return policy.  (Did I really say that?)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived