cant boot into headless(gui works)

frilleee

Hey so i just built my first server and got a problem.

I have unraid(Version: 6.6.3) on USB and tested it on my server and all work, the headless and gui.

After i updated my motherboard the headless does not work but gui do?

The motherboard i have is ASRock - Z370M-ITX/ac. 

what happen is when i try boot into headless(Unraid os) it just restart my server and  when i pick gui it works

I have tested reinstall unraid and different usb.

i have checked bios if missed something and checked the guide but nothing. First it was not a big deal i can just run gui but now i got another problem every time i reboot from my pc it get stuck in that loop because headless is the first pick so it auto boot that.

Thanks for the help 

37 minutes ago, frilleee said:

Hey so i just built my first server and got a problem.

I have unraid(Version: 6.6.3) on USB and tested it on my server and all work, the headless and gui.

After i updated my motherboard the headless does not work but gui do?

The motherboard i have is ASRock - Z370M-ITX/ac. 

what happen is when i try boot into headless(Unraid os) it just restart my server and  when i pick gui it works

I have tested reinstall unraid and different usb.

i have checked bios if missed something and checked the guide but nothing. First it was not a big deal i can just run gui but now i got another problem every time i reboot from my pc it get stuck in that loop because headless is the first pick so it auto boot that.

Thanks for the help 

Try modifying the USB flash drive so unRAID boots in UEFI instead of Legacy BIOS (the default).  Many motherboards these days only boot UEFI.

To do this, rename the EFI- folder on the unRAID flash drive to EFI (remove the trailing '-')

48 minutes ago, frilleee said:

every time i reboot from my pc it get stuck in that loop because headless is the first pick so it auto boot that

You can modify syslinux/syslinux.cfg on the flash drive so any of the available menu options is the default.  The 'normal (headless)' boot is the menu default.  If you want the GUI mode to be the default, make it the 'menu default'

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

10 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Try modifying the USB flash drive so unRAID boots in UEFI instead of Legacy BIOS (the default).  Many motherboards these days only boot UEFI.

To do this, rename the EFI- folder on the unRAID flash drive to EFI (remove the trailing '-')

Thanks! it fixed the problem :)

Archived