Cannot pull IP, diagnostics, nothing

I'm trying to setup UnRAID 6.6.3 (have also tested 6.5.3). I can get to the login, but I can see I have a 169.x IP assigned. I've tried setting up the system on both DHCP and Static, neither works. My router sees the system, mac, etc and assigns it an IP. So based on what little information I could find I tried to pull diagnostics and that doesn't even work. Neither does the cp /var/log/syslog /boot command. I've tried 3 different USB sticks as well. As a test I put windows server 2016 on the system and was able to get an IP and browse the internet, pull updates, etc. The UnRAID boot won't even load the webGUI from localhost, nevermind trying to get it to work from the network (tower nor IP work).

I'm convinced there's a larger issue at play but I'm not sure where to start.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Not much to go on so just some more ideas.

Memtest? BIOS update? BIOS settings?

Is there more than one ethernet port?

Ran memtest when I first set it up, 48 hours and no errors.

Bios is at most current version.

Bios settings have been tried a few different ways, most recently is default settings, minus turning off all "wake from" settings (this made no difference), and turning off all LAN ports except 1. (I know this port works, it's the same port I used with Windows, but I also tried port 2, still didn't work).

So far no change to the bios has made a difference.  If there's something specific I should check, definitely let me know.

4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Sounds like a problem with the flash drive or it's not prepared correctly, a screencap/photo of the monitor should show.

I tried 3 different USBs.  2 different cruzer fit (32GB) and a regular cruzer (128GB).  I've done manual setup and using the tool, on all 3, made no difference.  I do plan to get another usb stick and try again but these are what I had on hand.

The windows install I did to test was done with the 128GB cruzer.

Edited by chrsschb
2 hours ago, chrsschb said:

I tried 3 different USBs.  2 different cruzer fit (32GB) and a regular cruzer (128GB). 

It can be difficult to format 128GB using the required FAT32 filesystem. Are you sure the flash drives don't have multiple partitions or something which is preventing them from being prepared correctly?