slow write speed when copying within the same disc

loadme

[edit]: i changed the topics subject to better fit the problem.

the main issue starts at this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=7850.msg75995#msg75995

################

hello everyone

i plugged in my ntsf drive into my unraid test-server

when i now try to copy disc2array, it always goes through the network with 10mb atm..

how can i initiate a direct copy process?

do i have to use the linux console? what do i type in? :(

i want to do something like "only folders from "a to k"

drive_a/data/a

drive_a/data/...

drive_a/data/k

to my array

unraid_array/new_data/a

unraid_array/new_data/...

unraid_array/new_data/k

both discs are inside the server. i only need to figure out how to initiate a fast copy process

and yes - shame on my. i'm a poor windows user ;(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

login to the console (or telnet / putty to it from your windows machine) and type mc at the prompt to run Midnight Commander.

Similar to the Norton disk utilities of old, MC will let you bring up 1 drive on the left and another drive on the right, then you can multi select the folders you want to copy or move to the other drive.  The UNRaid drives are under the /mnt folder

Well something must went entirely wrong.

I grouped some files with MC, started to copy them (internal ntsf HDD to internal unRAID array)

This is what i got:

drive speed:

bwm-ng bwm-ng v0.6 (refresh 1s); input: disk IO
Device	Read	Write	Total
sdb:	6047.24 KB/s 	4015.75 KB/s 	10062.99 KB/s
sdc:	6047.24 KB/s 	4031.50 KB/s 	10078.74 KB/s
total:	12094.49 KB/s 	8047.24 KB/s 	20141.73 KB/s

those discs are maybe on SATA 1 ports. Right now I can't tell for sure.

But 10MB/sec?

When within MC, i see the same transferrate.

It's the same speed as through my 100Mbit network

My Array has about 700GB free, 1,3 TB full

My NTFS HDD has about 1,9 TB full (of 2TB)

Bot devices are at least on 5400 rpm. I believe the ntfs is on 7200, the other on 5400.

But 10 MB /sec? ...

Memory Info from unMenu:

(from /usr/bin/free)

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:       2074688    2024256      50432          0     544848    1407620
-/+ buffers/cache:      71788    2002900
Swap:            0          0          0

There is no parity check or any other action triggered by me active.

Anyone any idea?

speaking about midnight commander:

my unRAID server run the whole night. It is always around 10 MB/s like I said above.

The other strange thing:

when a file is transfered and the next file (even if its only around 1-2 MB) in queue is starting to get transfered,

the server needs 1-3 seconds to initiate the copy process for the this file.

I did another test and it turns out:

if I try to copy data via MC from my unRAID array to my unRAID array, the write speed still remains at 10MB/s

what could possibly be the reason for this behaviour?

my unRAID array uses 2 brandnew 2TB discs from western digital (5400 RPM, SATA II discs on SATA I ports directly connected to the motherboard)

one disc is used for parity, the other for data.

May anyone has any idea?

I did another test and it turns out:

if I try to copy data via MC from my unRAID array to my unRAID array, the write speed still remains at 10MB/s

what could possibly be the reason for this behaviour?

my unRAID array uses 2 brandnew 2TB discs from western digital (5400 RPM, SATA II discs on SATA I ports directly connected to the motherboard)

one disc is used for parity, the other for data.

May anyone has any idea?

Since you have not attached a copy of your syslog your post, we cannot tell what is happening.  Please do so, and then we'll have the basis for some analysis.  Instructions for how to get a copy of the system log are in the wiki under troubleshooting.

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

Joe L.

let's start with the syslog:

the slow copy process took place before the syslog started (i had to reboot because i needed to unplug the NTFS drive.)

you can see my go file at the bottom.

after the reboot of my unRAID i started an parity check manually. nothing more.

while it is still running, here is the syslog:

--> see attachment

here my go file.

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

#unMenu autostart cmd
/boot/unmenu/uu

#cache_dir default setting suggestion from the wiki
/boot/cache_dirs  -d  4  -m  3  -M  5  -w

the unRAID server and my windows PC both use an gigabit network device

unfortunatly my switch (fritzbox) is not yet being replaced and still uses 100mbit, what finally slows down everything, i guess.

Linux 2.6.32.9-unRAID.
root@Tower:~# [b]ethtool eth0[/b]
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Full
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 1
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: pumbag
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000001 (1)
        Link detected: yes

root@Tower:~#[b] ifconfig eth0[/b]
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:f3:c6:56:c3
          inet addr:192.168.178.24  Bcast:192.168.178.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:102946 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:149975 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:8016786 (7.6 MiB)  TX bytes:209175385 (199.4 MiB)
          Memory:ff6e0000-ff700000

Thanks

PS: my todays syslog is about 2.3MB

that's why i have only attached the syslog since last reboot.

if you need the full syslog, let me know

syslog.txt

No need for anything more.

10MB/s is about what you might expect on a 100Mb/s link through your switch.  It is the cause for the slowness.

If it is also your router, then you can just add an inexpensive 1000Mb/s switch and keep the existing router to connect to the outside world and handle DHCP, etc. 

Something like this one on sale at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320047

It even includes a free PCI 1000Mb/s network adapter to use in one of your other PCs.

Joe L.

its no network connection. well this is another issue (that should be solved like you said), but the real problem as mentioned above,is the copy speed within the unRAID server from

that's what i want to tell you :)

even if i copy from my unRAID array to itself, it still remains 10MB/s and i have no clue, what's happening.

everything else should be mentioned above, too.

i used Midnight commander to copy files from the same drive to itself

Please give us a rundown of the parts - motherboard, drive model numbers (you mentioned sizes and speeds, but lets get everything in one post - also do the Western Digital drives say "Advanced Format Technology" or anything to that effect on the labels?  If so, do you have jumpers on pins 7 & 8?)  You also mentioned not being sure if the drives were connected at SATA 1 or 2 speeds - that's kinda important, need to know that.  Are you using any PCI SATA controllers by chance?

Edit:  Here's a snippet from my syslog showing some things that I don't see in yours (and would likely help):

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 0)

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: ata1.00: ATA-8: WDC WD10EADS-11M2B2, 80.00A80, max UDMA/133

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: ata1.00: 1953525168 sectors, multi 0: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: ata1.00: configured for UDMA/100

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA WDC WD10EADS-11M 80.0 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] physical block alignment offset: 3584

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 1953525168 512-byte logical blocks: (1.00 TB/931 GiB)

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 4096-byte physical blocks

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off

Sep 15 09:31:49 Storage kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00

You have EARS drives which mean they most likely have Advanced Format Technology, but it doesn't appear that you have the jumper installed to disabled it?  Of course it could be the ports you have them connected to aren't reporting it but definitely something to check.  Also I see at least one device is configured for low speed and I don't see any indication that your drives are running at full SATA speeds - again it could be that the device they are connected to isn't reporting it, but if you have them connected to a PCI controller and in addition aren't using the jumper, well lets just say you're in for a world of hurt and potentially data loss...

I will try to create an overview:

the current problem is:

when i copy files directly from the unRAID hdd (only using 1 besides the parity) to itself, i cant get more then 10MB/s

when i copy files from another plugged in NTFS to my unRAID array its the same speed. only 10MB/s

the copy process is initiated directly from the server using midnight commander. it is not send through the network. well at least i guess it isn't.

since i'm no hardware /drive professional, i can't even imaging what possibly could went wrong.

here are some more detailed things:

Ok first of all both drives are equally the same.

2x Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green 2TB (8.9ms, 5400RPM,64Mb cache)

one is set for parity

one is used as a drive

- there are no other hdds plugged in.

- there are no jumpers set to the WD20EARS drives. since there were no jumpers by default i thought it should be good to go anyway.

- both drives are DIRECTLY plugged into the motherboard but i'm pretty sure its SATA I and not SATA II ports.

- i never pre-formatted or precleared those drives. and i didnt used them with any other hardware before.i only bought them, plugged them in and tried out unRAID

- my parity checks are running with 65MB/sec

- my HDDs both are getting very hot. i need to tune my cooling a little bit, since my drives both are around 45-55 °C

specifications:

- motherboard: "ASUS N4L-VM DH"

--- it ships with 2x SATA I and one SATA II port. i have plugged the hdds to the SATA I ports, because i dont see any good thing in using the same discs with different speed.

--- AMI bios

--- 1x Gigabit LAN (1000mbit)

-- Socket 479 Mainboard / Micro ATX /

--- usable with CPUs: Intel Core Duo, Intel Core Solo / Dualcore ready /

--- Chipset producer: Intel / Chipset-series: Intel 945 / Chipset: Intel 945G /

--- max. FSB: 667 MHz / RAM-Socket: 2 x DDR2 / Dual-Channel / RAM typ: DDR2 667/PC2-5300 /

--- number of PCI-X x 16 Slots: 1 /

--- number of PCI-X x 4 Slots: 0 /

--- number of PCI-X x 1 Slots: 1 /

--- number of PCI-Slots: 2 x PCI /

--- external ports: (Port I/O): 2 x PS/2, 1 x External S-ATA 300, 4 x USB2.0, 1 x VGA, 1 x IEEE1394 (Firewire), 2 x SPDIF, 1 x RJ45 (LAN-Port)

- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 Box (Socket M, 65nm, BX80537T7200, 2.0 GHz)

- RAM:  2x 1GB DDR2 667/PC2-5300 (not sure if dual channel is activated right now)

there is one 4port-sata1-PCI-controller plugged in, that i don't use at the moment. i planned to expand my unRAID version from basic up to 6 drives later if everything runs smooth. and since i dont have a cash cow, i wanted to start with the old raid controller and SATA 1 in the beginning.

right now this pci-controller for 4 sata1 ports is just idle-ling.

but correct me if i'm wrong: shouldnt SATA 1 be able to run 1.5 Gbps which is up to 187 MBps. - thats why SATA 1 shouldn't be the bottleneck right now, or am i wrong?

my go script is posted some posts behind

as well as my eth0 checks

There are known issues with both performance and potential data corruption when using Advanced Format Technology drives without a jumper across pins 7 & 8.  If it was up to me, I'd copy off any data that you don't already have backed up elsewhere, install the jumper on both drives and then use the preclear script available here to test / prep them.  One positive aspect from this is you will get timed results that we can then compare to others that have 2 TB drives.  For more information on what the jumper does, search the forums for Advanced Format.

Before you run the preclear script however I'd suggest resolving that heat issue.  At 45 degrees C you're hitting the default warning temp used in the powerdown on overtemp addon,  55 degrees for extended periods of time is way more than what I'd feel comfortable with.

Concerning the motherboard, the US version at least appears to have 3 SATA II (3GB) ports - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131007  is that your board?  If so, you should be fine with the onboard connectors.  Have you gone through the bios and disabled the devices you aren't using as well as making sure AHCI is enabled?

Finally, I completely understand wanting to reuse old hardware (I did the same thing) but if at all possible, you may want to seriously consider replacing the PCI controller when you reach the point of expanding the array.  With PCI, all disks attached to it have to share the 133MB / s bus speed which is fine for 1 disk, but goes downhill quickly when you go to 2,3, or 4.  But in any case, that's a future concern...

Ok, i will improve the cooling and preclear the discs after i put in the jumpers

but honestly

if they are on SATA I ports or on SATA II..

i cant believe that advanced format slows those discs down from 80-120MB/s to 10MB/s

Can there be any other issue, i can look into while preclearing?

and before i forget to ask again:

is there a need for a graphics card?

i could use my onboard card and putting this noisy radeon HD low cost thing besides.

We have to start somewhere, reduce the # of variables as well as get a baseline - the preclear script will help with that.  Did you check the AHCI setting in the bios as well as disable things are aren't being used (parallel ports, IDE controllers, sound, etc)?

You can certainly use the onboard video if it has it.  Ideally, once the system is up and running you will rarely ever have to use the console - many of us run headless.  Plus removing extra cards like the Radeon helps reduce the heat generation.

ok i tried some things out

AHCI was not enabled. but some similar settings told me "automatically detected"

i can set a boot priority for my graphics device. i set it to IGD (internal graphics device).

now when i boot, i have to use the SVGA output from my motherboard. but i do need to let my PCE-E graphicscard plugged in, to get a picture.

as soon as i remove it and reboot, the graphics output from my svga port from the motherboard is offline

i looked into the bios and it seems the onboard card is indeed able to use shared memory from the system. so i really can't see why i set my bios to send the graphic stream to my IGM but still need to use a PCI E graphics card.

right now i jumper the drives and have read the insane long posts regarding preclear_disk.sh

but as for a windows user i can't make a difference between hda hdb sda sda1 sdb sdb1 and so on.

it shouldnt matter, because there are no important discs inside (only the two i want to preclear)

but if someone could clear things up (why my discs are found on the flashdevice in /dev root?

(and whats behind hd and sd)

thanks once again

I can't explain why you aren't getting video output via the onboard chipset after reboot,  that's a strange one.  Are there any bios updates for the motherboard?

In any case, hdx disks are typically IDE drives, sdx are SCSI (or SATA).  Yours should show up as sdx, and the flash drive should as well.

The Preclear.sh thread is long, but all the info you need is on the first page (maybe even the first post?)  Another addon I would highly recommend is UnMenu - it is an EXCELLENT replacement to the default unraid website and via its disk management page, will show you the details (sdx, serial number etc) of each drive in your system, regardless of whether its configured in UnRAID.

I'm using unMenu since day 1. :)

It's great during the days of system checks/changes

My preclearing process is running on both discs. Luckily i read in the wiki that you can also switch to alternate system consoles if you logged in using the system console.

this should really save me hours :-)

and since i didnt run it by telnet because i dont know if i need to reboot my PC, i really hope preclear creates a log file that i can use for discussing the summary.

i keep you posted.

I'm using unMenu since day 1. :)

It's great during the days of system checks/changes

My preclearing process is running on both discs. Luckily i read in the wiki that you can also switch to alternate system consoles if you logged in using the system console.

this should really save me hours :-)

and since i didnt run it by telnet because i dont know if i need to reboot my PC, i really hope preclear creates a log file that i can use for discussing the summary.

i keep you posted.

It logs its output to the system log, so look at it before you reboot, or it will be gone.

Ok first of all both drives are equally the same.

2x Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green 2TB (8.9ms, 5400RPM,64Mb cache)

- my HDDs both are getting very hot. i need to tune my cooling a little bit, since my drives both are around 45-55 °C

You should try to reduce the temperature URGENT.

The new WDs have a very heat sensitive heads and any prolonged use above 45°C may damage them.

Put a fan or something ASAP.

i will buy 2 of those tomorrow:

"be quiet! Silent Wings USC 120mm (BL011)"

10 euro each and max db is around 17 which can not be heard at all i think

my preclear is ready after only 3.5 hours.

i used:

preclear_disk.sh -m [email protected] -M 4 /dev sda

and at the same time

preclear_disk.sh -m [email protected] -M 4 /dev sdb

my server wasnt responding within unraid

i had to reboot to get unraid back running.

this is the report i got sent by mail from unraid for each disc

============================================================================

==

== Disk /dev/sda has been successfully precleared == == Ran 1 preclear-disk cycle == == Using :Read block size = 8225280 Bytes == Last Cycle's Pre Read Time  :  ( MB/s)

== Last Cycle's Zeroing time   :  ( MB/s)

== Last Cycle's Post Read Time :  ( MB/s)

== Last Cycle's Total Time     :

==

== Total Elapsed Time 3:35:07

==

== Disk Start Temperature: 41C

==

== Current

==

S.M.A.R.T. error count differences detected after pre-clear note, some 'raw' values may change, but not be an indication of a problem

4,86c4

< === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===

< Device Model:     WDC WD20EARS-00J2GB0

< Serial Number:    WD-WCAYY0217525

< Firmware Version: 80.00A80

< User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes

< Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]

< ATA Version is:   8

< ATA Standard is:  Exact ATA specification draft version not indicated < SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.

< SMART support is: Enabled

<

< === START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION === < SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED < < General SMART Values:

< Offline data collection status:  (0x84) Offline data collection activity

< was suspended by an interrupting command from host.

< Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.

< Self-test execution status:      (   0) The previous self-test routine completed

< without error or no self-test has ever

< been run.

< Total time to complete Offline

< data collection: (38760) seconds.

< Offline data collection

< capabilities: (0x7b) SMART execute Offline immediate.

< Auto Offline data collection on/off support.

< Suspend Offline collection upon new

< command.

< Offline surface scan supported.

< Self-test supported.

< Conveyance Self-test supported.

< Selective Self-test supported.

< SMART capabilities:            (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering

< power-saving mode.

< Supports SMART auto save timer.

< Error logging capability:        (0x01) Error logging supported.

< General Purpose Logging supported.

< Short self-test routine

< recommended polling time: (   2) minutes.

< Extended self-test routine

< recommended polling time: ( 255) minutes.

< Conveyance self-test routine

< recommended polling time: (   5) minutes.

< SCT capabilities:       (0x3031) SCT Status supported.

< SCT Feature Control supported.

< SCT Data Table supported.

<

< SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16 < Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:

< ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

<   1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x002f   200   200   051    Pre-fail  Always       -       0

<   3 Spin_Up_Time            0x0027   173   159   021    Pre-fail  Always       -       8316

<   4 Start_Stop_Count        0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       47

<   5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   200   200   140    Pre-fail  Always       -       0

<   7 Seek_Error_Rate         0x002e   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

<  10 Spin_Retry_Count        0x0032   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

<  11 Calibration_Retry_Count 0x0032   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

<  12 Power_Cycle_Count       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       31

< 192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       19

< 193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       563

< 196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

< 197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

< 198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0

< 199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

< 200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   0x0008   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0

<

< SMART Error Log Version: 1

< No Errors Logged

<

< SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1

< Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error

< # 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        80         -

<

< SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1 <  SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS

<     1        0        0  Not_testing

<     2        0        0  Not_testing

<     3        0        0  Not_testing

<     4        0        0  Not_testing

<     5        0        0  Not_testing

< Selective self-test flags (0x0):

<   After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.

< If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

---

> Smartctl: Device Read Identity Failed (not an ATA/ATAPI device)

87a6

> A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

==

== S.M.A.R.T Initial Report

==

smartctl version 5.38 [i486-slackware-linux-gnu] Copyright © 2002-8 Bruce Allen Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===

Device Model:     WDC WD20EARS-00J2GB0

Serial Number:    WD-WCAYY0217525

Firmware Version: 80.00A80

User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes

Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]

ATA Version is:   8

ATA Standard is:  Exact ATA specification draft version not indicated SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.

SMART support is: Enabled

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION === SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:

Offline data collection status:  (0x84) Offline data collection activity

was suspended by an interrupting command from host.

Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.

Self-test execution status:      (   0) The previous self-test routine completed

without error or no self-test has ever

been run.

Total time to complete Offline

data collection: (38760) seconds.

Offline data collection

capabilities: (0x7b) SMART execute Offline immediate.

Auto Offline data collection on/off support.

Suspend Offline collection upon new

command.

Offline surface scan supported.

Self-test supported.

Conveyance Self-test supported.

Selective Self-test supported.

SMART capabilities:            (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering

power-saving mode.

Supports SMART auto save timer.

Error logging capability:        (0x01) Error logging supported.

General Purpose Logging supported.

Short self-test routine

recommended polling time: (   2) minutes.

Extended self-test routine

recommended polling time: ( 255) minutes.

Conveyance self-test routine

recommended polling time: (   5) minutes.

SCT capabilities:       (0x3031) SCT Status supported.

SCT Feature Control supported.

SCT Data Table supported.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16 Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:

ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x002f   200   200   051    Pre-fail  Always       -       0

3 Spin_Up_Time            0x0027   173   159   021    Pre-fail  Always       -       8316

4 Start_Stop_Count        0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       47

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   200   200   140    Pre-fail  Always       -       0

7 Seek_Error_Rate         0x002e   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

10 Spin_Retry_Count        0x0032   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

11 Calibration_Retry_Count 0x0032   100   253   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

12 Power_Cycle_Count       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       31

192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       19

193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       563

196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0

199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x0032   200   200   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   0x0008   200   200   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0

SMART Error Log Version: 1

No Errors Logged

SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1

Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error

# 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        80         -

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1  SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS

1        0        0  Not_testing

2        0        0  Not_testing

3        0        0  Not_testing

4        0        0  Not_testing

5        0        0  Not_testing

Selective self-test flags (0x0):

After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.

If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

==

==

== S.M.A.R.T Final Report

==

smartctl version 5.38 [i486-slackware-linux-gnu] Copyright © 2002-8 Bruce Allen Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

Smartctl: Device Read Identity Failed (not an ATA/ATAPI device)

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

==