upgrading dual parity with larger drives process

Quick question, 

If I currently have dual 8tb parity drives, and i want to swap them with 2 x 10tb drives, what would be the best process? 

Do a full parity check, shut down, swap out 1 8tb with the 10tb, power on, let it rebuild the parity on the new drive then power down replace the 2nd disk and let it rebuild, and then do a full parity check before changing any data?.

In my opinion, that is the safest way.  You start with good parity on the array and you check that you still have good parity when finished.  I am assuming that you have precleared (or run some sort of manufacturer's testing program on all the disk sectors to get you past any infant-mortality issues) those new 10TB drives...

Edit:  I would also assume that you are shelving each of those old parity drives until you have completed the last parity check.

Edited by Frank1940
22 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

In my opinion, that is the safest way.  You start with good parity on the array and you check that you still have good parity when finished.  I am assuming that you have precleared (or run some sort of manufacturer's testing program on all the disk sectors to get you past any infant-mortality issues) those new 10TB drives...

Edit:  I would also assume that you are shelving each of those old parity drives until you have completed the last parity check.

I have yet to get the drives in, but that is the plan (to preclear them before using them), and thanks! i rather be safe and then sorry tho it might take a week to get the upgrade done lol