Error after second supermicro PCIe 4x SAS/SATA card

Fork

My motherboard (ASUS M4A79XTD EVO) has 2 PCIe x16 slots.  After adding a second Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 card, my syslog is displaying these following errors:

Sep 15 00:19:23 Tower kernel: [780]: scst: __scst_register_target_template:253:***ERROR***: Target driver mvst_scst already registered

Sep 15 00:19:23 Tower kernel: [780]: scst: __scst_register_target_template:293:***ERROR***: Failed to register target template mvst_scst

Does anybody know what is causing this and how to fix it?  I also attached a full syslog.  thank you

syslog.txt

It can safely be ignored.

The SCST subsystem is attempting to register the drive "mvst_scst" but it's already registered. It processed the first card, registered the needed driver (mvst_scst), and then began processing the second card. It doesn't know or doesn't track if the drivers are already loaded, so it tries registering them but fails because it's already registered.

The first and second card should function fine.

It can safely be ignored.

The SCST subsystem is attempting to register the drive "mvst_scst" but it's already registered. It processed the first card, registered the needed driver (mvst_scst), and then began processing the second card. It doesn't know or doesn't track if the drivers are already loaded, so it tries registering them but fails because it's already registered.

The first and second card should function fine.

ok, thank you

Archived