Running a script right after Update OS

doron

Since you have to be involved to run the update, and then you have to be involved to reboot, why not just manually run your script between the update and the reboot?

But I have to wonder what this script is supposed to do. After the update is run, you are still running the previous version of Unraid (which is the version that is still in RAM). Only on reboot is the new version loaded into RAM from the flash drive.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Since you have to be involved to run the update, and then you have to be involved to reboot, why not just manually run your script between the update and the reboot?

Yes, this is what I'm doing now. Just need to remember doing that every time, so wanted to automate.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

But I have to wonder what this script is supposed to do. After the update is run, you are still running the previous version of Unraid (which is the version that is still in RAM). Only on reboot is the new version loaded into RAM from the flash drive.

Ah. That's copying the bz* files from /boot (the flash drive) where they are put by the plg, into the actual boot drive (I'm running unRAID in a VM and hence do not really boot from the USB flash).

Archived