[DELETE] How can I hide/exclude a folder/share?

m4f1050

I have been using /mnt/cache/custom since day 1 when I started using unRAID and how it has become a share (when did this happen?  I don't know...) but now I am using FlashFXP and own 2 unRAID servers and do site-to-site transfers, and I would like for the "custom" share to disappear again.  Before I was using /mnt/cache/.custom but somehow I manage to remove it and use it without a dot since it was interfering with my Plex server (I think it was in the smb-extras.cfg, not sure) but throughout the time and updates of unRAID this "share" (folder) has emerged again and I can't change any settings under the "SHARE" that hides it.

Any clues?

All top level folders on any drive automatically become User Shares.   They will be given default settings initially.

I do not understand why you cannot go into the Share settings and set it to be “hidden’ so that it does nor show up on the network.   What happens when you try this?  Is this what you are trying to achieve?

What you will not be able to do is hide the folder from FlashFXP as that bypasses the share system and looks at the physical drives.

Archived