Adding/Removing Cache Drives

kzisme

Hello!  

I recently purchased 2 500GB SSDs to use as cache drives.  I assigned them to a pool (is this the best option?  I want to make the most use of the space that I have)  I only wanted to use the cache for writes from SAB, Dockers, and VMs possibly.

I then wanted to try to use one as a cache drive, and make one an unassigned device to see how that might work out...when doing this all of my dockers seem to have gotten reset (the existing configs are still somewhere because I can still see my previous Plex server (it's just unavailable) 

My default appdata storage for dockers is: 

/mnt/user/appdata/

After looking into my cache drives there are existing dockers found at /cache/appdata/ (I didn't move these files to the cache manually)

What would be the best way to go back to having my working dockers, and having an optimal cache setup? 

23 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Change the docker and appdata paths to /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user, if that doens't work we need more details and the diagnostics.

Alright - so I've re-added both cache drives for a pool of 2 devices, removed newly added Plex servers, and tweaked a few things.  Manually ran the mover and all seems to be well now.  I do however have all of my paths set the same, but I have my appdata set to prefer cache.  

Still not 100% sure what happened, but it was a huge waste of time.

Archived