If I unplug a USB drive without unmounting it stays mounted...

I sometimes forget to unmount a USB drive when using the unassigned devices plugin.

I know, pretty bad me, but I try to but it's not always the case.

Well if I unplug without unmounting the drive remains mounted at it's mount of /dev/sde1 for example.  When I plug it back in, it then mounts as /dev/sdf1

I know I can clear them with umount but is there a way to get them to automatically unmount if I don't do a clean unmount???

They're also still in /disks even after unplugging the device

See attachment showing the same drive mounted 3x although it's not even plugged in, it just cinrements the sd?1 letter.  The clear with a reboot also.

S7sWKo7.jpeg

• trurl locked this topic

I am locking this thread since you have already posted in the Unassigned Devices thread about this. Please don't post in multiple places for the same problem. "Crossposting" has been frowned upon on message boards since long before the World Wide Web.

If you post in multiple places, which thread should we respond to? Are we all expected to read everything on the board just so we don't miss the responses others have made on another thread? What if someone goes to a lot of trouble to research your problem and writes a long reply, maybe even some code, totally unaware that others have already made a similar effort on another thread?

• Upvote 1