added cache disk, want to keep it removeable

rutherford

I have an extra 8TB drive that I got incase a regular array drive fails. It was sitting in it's box, unshucked, on top of the server for a few months. Well, that's silly. So I shucked it and installed it. My intention is not to assign it to the array at this time. That way, when a regular array drive fails, I can easily bring this spare online no fuss no muss. And, if it's just sitting in there, why not use it as a cache drive? So, that's what we're setup with at the moment. But I'm getting an error for an incorrectly setup cache drive, and appdata folder.

If the appdata share is not set to be cache-only, then the mover program will cause your docker applications to become inoperable when it runs (6.1.x). Under 6.2+, this setting should not affect the operation of the application, but it will definitely impact significantly the performance of the application.

I'm on 6.6.6, so it says it won't affect application, but will impact application performance. Any more than it has as I've been running all this time w/out a cache drive at all?

appdata share settings.png

Archived