New motherboard & CPU - now I can't access unRAID shares or map it as a network drive!?!?

stevep94

I've upgraded my desktop PC to a Ryzen build and one of the first things I like to do when I'm doing a fresh install is to map my unRAID share as a network drive - the problem is, when I try to do this I get a prompt for a username and password and when I try "root" and my usual password, it tells me this is wrong!?!?

I know the password isn't incorrect because I can access the GUI through going to http://unraid and can log in fine through there??

I'm assuming something has changed with the new motherboard and CPU but can't think of anything I did when I first set my server up??

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this sorted??

Thanks...

First thing, you can never access your Shares using the user root.  IT is prohibited for security reason. 

Second thing. Since you have GUI access, you should be able to get a Diagnostics file for uploading with your next post.  Tools   >>>  Diagnostics   

Third thing.  Using the GUI, look at the Share that you are trying to map.  What is its security setting.  If it is a '-', then it is a Public share and no password is required NOT being shared.  

Fourth thing, tell us what OS you are using when you try to map this share.  If WIN10, tell us if which one (Home, Pro, etc) and version (1809, 1803, etc.). 

Archived