Flash Drive Failed - Copied Config folder, But

Scuba Dude

Hello all,  I recently had a virus hit my server.  surprising but true.  Added .OSSAW to the end of the files.

I wiped the USB, setup as new and copied the config folder from a backup I had.  But when UNRAID starts up, it does not bring up my original configuration.  I know which drive is parity, but do not know the position of the 3 data drive.

How can I get the array started without loosing all my data.

Thank-you

If you have made any changes to your disk assignments since you made the backup of flash then of course it would not know your disk assignments.

Do you have a recent syslog or diagnostic? We can get your disk assignments from there.

If you assign a data disk to parity, that data would be overwritten by parity. So unless you are absolutely sure which disk is parity don't assign a parity disk until you can check out your data.

7 minutes ago, Scuba Dude said:

just assign all drive as data then change the one back to Parity, once confirmed?

yes

The parity disk will appear as unmountable since it doesn't have a filesystem. If any other disks appear as unmountable seek further advice. DO NOT agree to Format anything.

Archived