System completely freezes every day

takkkkkkk

I'm having issues where the unraid freezes every day, forcing me to hard reset. 

It seems to happen everytime I try to reboot my VM. 

I tried understanding the log / diagnostics, but I have no clue as to what they're saying...  

Could you guys help me understand where I can start looking first? I'm "pretty sure" it's VM issue, but I don't really know how to solve or what I can do to troubleshoot....

VM Information:

VM1:

- CPU: 2/18, 3/19, 4/20, 5/21, 6/22, 7/23

- Memory: 21768MB

- BIOS: OVMF

- USB Controller: 2.0

Passthrough:

- GPU: Geforce GTX 1080Ti

- Sound Card: NVIDIA GP 102 HDMI

- Other PCI Devices: 2 out of 4 Fresco Logic  USB Host Controller

VM2:

- CPU: 3/19, 4/20, 5/21, 6/22, 7/23, 8/24, 9/25, 10/26, 11/27, 12/28, 13/29

- Memory: 49152MB

- BIOS: OVMF

- USB Controller: 2.0

zeus-diagnostics-20181231-0017.zip

zeus-syslog-20181231-0110.zip

Install the Fix Common Problems plugin.  Turn on the 'Troubleshooting mode'.  This  will write a series of log files into the   logs   directory/folder of your flash drive.  Upload those files after your next freeze...  This may give the GURU's some indication of what is happening.

You should also provide a lot more information about this VM.  What OS, any devices that you are passing through to it.  Did the VM get shutdown in the middle of an update or something like that?   

2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Install the Fix Common Problems plugin.  Turn on the 'Troubleshooting mode'.  This  will write a series of log files into the   logs   directory/folder of your flash drive.  Upload those files after your next freeze...  This may give the GURU's some indication of what is happening.

You should also provide a lot more information about this VM.  What OS, any devices that you are passing through to it.  Did the VM get shutdown in the middle of an update or something like that?   

Thanks Frank, I've turned on the troubleshooting mode, I will post it as soon as it freezes again (I just tried rebooting my VM, and it didn't freeze).

I've also added VM information in the first post

Archived