Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - Rider

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-rider in the binhex repo.

Application: Rider- https://www.jetbrains.com/rider/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-rider/

GitHubhttps://github.com/binhex/arch-rider

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

 

Note:- This application requires a licence, otherwise it will run in Evaluation Mode for 30 days.
 

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer

 

btn_donate_SM.gif&key=57f6b617e37a194c35

 

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex

Share this post


Link to post

Hey @binhex,

 

As usual for your containers, it all seems to be working swimmingly! I did want to ask though, if you had dabbled at all in adding the container to nginx and/or through organizr. I seem to be able to get to a noVNC error page once I get it added to the config files, but can't get it to the interface itself. 

This is obviously stretching to the point of possible irrelevancy for this thread, but, wanted to ask, just in case!

 

Thanks!

 

# RIDER reverse proxy
location /rider {
        proxy_pass http://192.168.86.63:6080/vnc.html?resize=remote&host=192.168.86.63&port=6080&autoconnect=1;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

        index vnc.html;
        alias /path/to/noVNC/;
        try_files $uri $uri/ /vnc.html;
}

 

chrome_2019-01-06_12-56-25.png

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, omninewb said:

I did want to ask though, if you had dabbled at all in adding the container to nginx and/or through organizr.

sorry, i have literally zero experience with reverse proxy stuff, you are probably best asking over on the support thread for nginx/organizr and see if they have any suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post

It's all good man, like I said, the docker itself is running perfectly and I have no issues at all, just looking to expand functionality a bit through that remote access.

 

Thanks for another great product!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 8:16 AM, omninewb said:

It's all good man, like I said, the docker itself is running perfectly and I have no issues at all, just looking to expand functionality a bit through that remote access.

 

Thanks for another great product!

Is your Rider config inside the default config of letsencrypt? or are you using something else? I don't use Rider but when I created my Seafile config for letsencrypt and nginx I had to create a separate config file just for Seafile and setup my proxy as seafile.DomainName.com. You should be able to reverse proxy any docker container although it may take more tweaking for Rider. I have Pycharm and if I get that to reverse proxy it should be similar, I will let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ucliker said:

if I get that to reverse proxy it should be similar, I will let you know.

please post the solution here if you do get it work, as this information could/should be able to be applied to all other novnc based images i have produced.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, ucliker said:

Is your Rider config inside the default config of letsencrypt? or are you using something else? I don't use Rider but when I created my Seafile config for letsencrypt and nginx I had to create a separate config file just for Seafile and setup my proxy as seafile.DomainName.com. You should be able to reverse proxy any docker container although it may take more tweaking for Rider. I have Pycharm and if I get that to reverse proxy it should be similar, I will let you know.

I appreciate you letting me know, and I had tried a bunch of different setups in my attempts to get it routed through, the closest I got was in my setup up above, posted again here for posterity: 

In my default config: 

location /rider {
auth_request /auth-1;
include /config/nginx/proxy-confs/rider.conf;
}

and in the rider.conf:

# RIDER reverse proxy
location /rider {
        proxy_pass http://192.168.86.63:6080/vnc.html?resize=remote&host=192.168.86.63&port=6080&autoconnect=1;
        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

        index vnc.html;
        alias /path/to/noVNC/;
        try_files $uri $uri/ /vnc.html;
}

with the result being that noVNC error page. It's definitely connecting to the docker image, just not connecting all the way through the noVNC portion, some nginx pass-through setting somethingorother I assume but don't pretend to understand, ha!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.