Can anyone recommend.....

tmoran000

Can anyone recommend a docker or plugin For file sharing. I have been using FTP but it has been a nightmare with unraid. Is there any File sharing/management system I can use with unraid aside from the CLOUD systems or FTP. the Cloud systems are a pain because I have to Upload all my data to it essentially taking up storage space unnecessarily.   What I am looking for is to give a user a name/password. They go to a URL I have already that I can point to my server and will prompt them to sign in and give access to specified folders. I have been searching for this for some time and have come up empty handed. Any direction would be greatly appreciated 

Nextcloud has an external storages plugin that allows you to point it at your existing shares. No need to upload your data.

16 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

They go to a URL I have already that I can point to my server and will prompt them to sign in and give access to specified folders.

That is EXACTLY how nextcloud works.

2 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

Thanks I have used Owncloud and had bad luck with it

Nextcloud is the ongoing project of the original owncloud developers IIRC. Similar but now different in execution. I currently use it exactly as you describe and it works great. The key is the external storages plugin.

Archived